About Me

My photo
A few years ago my amazing mum showed me how to crochet, since then it's taken over my life, when I'm not crocheting I'm making yarn from old carrier bags or thinking up patterns for a new project, occasionally I go to the allotment.

Saturday, 14 May 2011

old carrier bags

my baccy pouch back when it was all shiny and new
2 years on and its still going strong, only much grubbier

by far the most exciting crafty thing I ever learnt is that you can use old plastic bags (thanks Thurso Andy's nan for the inspiration)  
                                   to fit up to 40gram 




 The Mk 2 baccy pouch comes with lighter pocket.

 The buttons that I had been making wore out in about a year, not bad and even though it takes much less than 5 minutes to make and attach a new one I now make a crocheted button that will last forever, probably                                                                           
to fit up to 25 gram 
one of the best things about corner shop blue carriers is that they come in hundreds of slightly different shades of blue, giving you this lovely mottled blue yarn.


I'm not all about smoking and choking though. So many things work well made of plastic bags...
purses

bracelets




key rings






   and belts                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment